Thursday, February 4, 2010

F5 Big IP LTM Certification

I've been planning to have F5 certification for a long time. Last Tuesday I had a chance to take and pass the fist exam of F5 System Engineering track which is the F50-521 LTM essentials exam. That makes me certified as F5 Product Consultant - Local Traffic Management. 10th IT certification in my museum :)

 As part of NDA I will not go into the details but will give an overview of the exam :

- First of all Student/Instructor guide is not alone sufficient for the exam. You should also take a look on product documentation. The exam is currently covering 9.4 material.
- Apart from the practical side of the devices, you should mostly focus on the theory. I didn't get any lab question like I had in Cisco exams.

- Knowing the theory of NAT/SNAT, iRule, some of the TCL function syntax, VS, Pool and Profile details, redundancy/failover concepts will help you a lot in the exam.
- You will need 76% to pass out of 50 questions. If all questions have the same weight that means you have a chance to make 12 mistakes.

Next week I will also take the F50-522 Advanced exam for the F5 System Engineer certification. Good luck to me ;-)

NOTE : I'm still preparing for the RHCE lab. I will also put updates on the blog about that.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck in your certification path. I am sure you will succeed.

    ReplyDelete